14th & Idaho
In 1997, this historic limber pine ranch house and its five outbuildings were relocated to Elko from Huntington Valley (60 miles south of Elko). The beautiful buildings are now used as the headquarters of the Elko Area Chamber of Commerce.
Guided group tours and self guided walking tours allow visitors to view the pictures and memorabilia that document the history of the station and the Walther family that build it. The parlor is a display of antiques and Walther Family artifacts. Free tourism brochures and relocation information is available in the living/dining room that serves as a visitors center.
The stable, the oldest structure, dates to 1880. A barbed wire collection, horseshoe exhibit, branding iron display and several types of horse-drawn carriages are all housed within the restored log building.
The blacksmith's shop houses a permanent static display that includes a hand crank forge and blacksmith tools.
The creamery is equipped with the containers and equipment that the Walther Family would have used to separate and store milk and by products.
The one room schoolhouse is ready for class to begin. A teacher's desk, a pot belly stove, a map and a blackboard have restored the building to the way that it may have looked 100 years ago.
For additional information, contact the Elko Chamber of Commerce, (775) 738-7135